Thursday, August 4, 2011

Miss Hannah's Blessing Dress

My friend Theresa asked me awhile back to make her daughter's blessing dress (she was pregnant at the time.) Of course I said YES! I love making beautiful things especially for great friends! All the blessing dresses I have made in the past I have used eyelet lace. However, Theresa chose lace over satin. So I went on the search for a good fabric lace. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Our Joann's has some but it was $25/yd and pretty fancy for a newborn. I found something I thought would work at the Fabric Depot (I love that store!) in Portland but wasn't in love with it. However, I finally found some at the Olympia Joann's (plus they don't make a stink to give me no sales taxes!) YEA! So here is the finished product! I must say in my humble opinion it is beautiful!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Messenger Diaper Bag on Steroids!

A few months back, Kirsten (my sister-in-law) explained to me what she wanted in a diaper bag. I made a prototype and sent it to her. She told me what she liked and disliked. I went to work on making a final draft. And here it is.

She wanted pockets on the outside with flaps over them.

Then I made cup/bottle holders on the sides.

It has a big inside compartment with LOTS of pockets. Two of which are zipper pockets.

It has one shoulder strap that can go on your shoulder or around your neck.

Monday, April 25, 2011

2011 Easter Dresses!

For Lauren's Christmas dress, I basically told her what I was going to make for her, but I promised I would let her pick out her next dress. So she did. She picked the pattern and the HOT PINK fabric (she wanted to brown, but I gently suggested that would be a lot of brown for a little big girl.) We found a pink fabric for Caelyn that had hot pink flowers on it to match Lauren's. Lauren is growing up so fast (but not too fast. Thanks Heavens!!)

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bar Stools

Here is a picture of our YUCKY stools before I changed them:

Here it is after I put new fabric on it and painted the legs. Much Better!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Roman Shade!

For years now I have wanted to try and make a roman shade. I decided to start off by making a small one for our laundry room window (now I can go in there with just my underwear on to get clothes without flashing the neighbors!) I bought a pattern with instructions and bought all the equipment - some string, loopy screw things, plastic loops, a metal bar, fabric, etc. It actually wasn't difficult to make. I think it turned out great. Now one for the bathroom and maybe a bigger window.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Caelyn's Stocking

I was trying to make Caelyn's stocking "face" look like a gingerbread girl. However, I think it looks more like a gingerbread Pikachu (from Pokemon.) Oh Well! At least I got it done in time for Christmas.